- The book by Andrey Soldatov and Irina Borogan The new Nobility: the restoration of Russia’s Security state and the enduring legacy of the KGB (see our post) has been translated into French : “Les Héritiers du KGB. Enquête sur les nouveaux boyards”, Paris, François Bourin.
On Thursday 3 November at 7.30PM, presentation of the book with Andrey Soldatov.Adress : Librairie du Globe 67 bd Beaumarchais, Paris (métro Bastille ou Chemin vert)
- New book by French sociologist Laurent Muchielli, leading specialist on police and crime issues – L’invention de la violence: des peurs, des chiffres, des faits (the invention of violence : fears, figures and facts). more on his blog
- The latest issue of the French journal “Culture & Conflits” is dealing with scholarly debates and field research on the problem of political or social struggles and movements resorting to violence. See table of content
- European political science network ECPR on Extremism and Democracy (site) is publishing a regular newsletter
- Marzano Michela (dir), Dictionnaire de la violence, Paris, PUF, 2011, 1552p.