Journal Issue - Pipss.org - Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia & the CIS - Nov. 2012
The Journal of Power Institutions in Post-Soviet Societies, Pipss.revues.org - Issue 13 - Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia & the CIS - http://pipss.revues.org/3813
Introduction, by Anne Le Huérou
Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia and the CIS - Articles (5)
· Mark Galeotti, " Purges, Power and Purpose: Medvedev's 2011 police reforms "
· Boris Gladarev, " Russian Police before the 2010-2011 Reform: A Police Officer’s Perspective "
· Yulia Chistyakova et Annette Robertson , "Youtube Cops and Power Without Limits : Understanding Police Violence in 21st Century Russia"
· Perrine Poupin, " « Démocratie dirigée » et manifestations protestataires de rue à Moscou : quelle partition joue la police ? [« Planned Democracy » and Street Protest Marches in Moscow : What Musical Score is Playing the Police?] "
· Kornely Kakachia et Liam O’Shea, " Why does police reform appear to have been more successful in Georgia than in Kyrgyzstan or Russia? "
Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia and the CIS - Conversations (2)
· « […] Local police officers are accused of violence […] but case officers have an opportunity to commit acts of violence with impunity » - Interview with Ekaterina Khozhdaeva, Associate Professor in Sociology, Kazan " - Interview conducted by Anne Le Huérou et Elisabeth Sieca-Kozlowski
· « Nowadays, the [Kyrgyz] Police force exhibits all signs of crisis of the system » - E-mail interview with Alexander Zelichenko, former colonel of the Kyrgyz Police, Director of the Central-Asian Drug Policy Center – Interview conducted by Anne Le Huérou et Elisabeth Sieca-Kozlowski
Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia and the CIS - Document (1)
· Natalia Taubina, " Russie : la société civile et le système répressif avant le début officiel de la réforme [Russia : Civil Society and the Law Enforcement System Prior to the Official Initiation of the Reform] "
Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia and the CIS - Bibliography
· " E. Sieca-Kozlowski , A Suggested Bibliography
Police Brutality & Police Reform in Russia and the CIS - Book Reviews (5)
· P. Hagenloh, Stalin's Police. Public order and mass repression in the USSR, 1926-1941 ", reviewed by F.-X. Nérard
· M. Galeotti (Ed.), The Politics of Security in Modern Russia ", reviewed by E. Bertrand
· B. Taylor, State Building in Putin’s Russia. Policing and Coercion after Communism, reviewed by G.Favarel-Garrigues
· Fond “Obshchestvennii verdict”, Reforma militsiia: otsenki i ozhidaniia grazhdan: resultaty sotsiologicheskikh issledovanii i kommentarii ekspertov , reviewed by A. Robertson
· V. Voronkov, B. Gladarev, L. Sagitova, Militsiia i etnicheskie migranty: praktiki vzaimodeistviia, reviewed by A. Regamey
Print This Post